Independent Lives works with people in West Sussex and Hampshire to manage their local authority Direct Payment. We also support people who receive a Personal Health Budget and are based in West Sussex.
‘It was lovely to talk with you on Wednesday, you were very helpful / understanding … very few people seem to understand the strain / worry of the direct payment process.’ Information & Advice customer
How it works:
- When you first start on a Direct Payment or a Personal Health Budget, we will allocate you a named adviser who will visit you at your home and provide you with one-to-one support for up to a year.
- Your adviser will explain all the options available and give you the information and advice you need to learn how to manage your Direct Payment and recruit and manage care staff.
- Once you are up and running, you can access all of our free-to-use templates, factsheets, and information to guide you through using Direct Payments.
- We will send you regular newsletters and you can also access support, advice and information from our Information and Advice team.
Our Information and Advice team are available via phone, text and email from 8am – 6pm Monday – Friday. The teams contact details can be found on our contact page.
Watch a video where Carl talks about how having a Direct Payment has supported him to continue to live independently in his own home (Credit: Barnet Council)
We can also help you with:
- Payroll: to make it easier to pay your support staff from your personal budget
- Banking Administration: helping you to manage your personal budget, make payments, and keep on top of your money
- Recruitment Solutions: support to find the right Personal Assistant
- Lend a Hand: rather than directly employing a Personal Assistant, you may choose to use our service which has a bank of care support workers to lend a hand.